Sunday, 23 August 2026

Delightful Deal


I didn't really know what to expect from the town of Deal. It is located on the east coast of Kent – very convenient if you are taking the Eurotunnel (or a ferry) over to France.

We stayed on a peaceful street lined with beautifully restored houses, and within just five minutes, we were down on the high street. Every day we went for a walk – down to the church, where dog owners walked their dogs on the lawn behind it; down small streets we didn't know yet, but grew to know and – of course – down to the seafront, where you could walk for miles in both directions.

The supermarkets were also close by, and as always, my lovely husband came home with shopping bags and the remark, "Why don't we live HERE?". He has said that in so many places by now, but then again, there ARE so many wonderful places where you could easily settle down.

So I completely understand him, and I find myself asking the exact same question when I talk to people in the streets and shops – and feel like I belong.

You can get a really good impression of the town by watching my video below: